Thursday, October 7, 2010

More than useless

There are times when people around us feel like crap; they feel down, insignificant and hurt. In this time your words of kindness can be a help in a tiresome and dark everyday life.

Relient K - More than useless
http://open.spotify.com/track/3tdqxPtYmf3LqsjQC8KS72
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLkMA3wn70Q

Like in this songs there are days when we can feel like there is no purpose to our existence, you might feel unwanted, feel like you have dissapointed someone or will fail someone, and you wonder if you are any good at all?

In these times think of the great value a word of kindness, of encouragement or of praise can have for this individual. A single word can make a person feel loved instead of feeling worthless. aHve you ever thought about what a great influence you can be for people if you encourage and express love? Have you ever thought about how great things people can achive if you believe in them?

Like Relient K lets us know, it is great to have a person that thinks you are "less than useless".

Your words are more than just words, they offer meaning and express feelings, You words can express feelings of gratitude, encouragement and love. To uplift, encourage, help and motivate. Sometimes your words don't do anything and some times you use them to discourage. Let's use our voice and our words to uplift and motivate those around us. The people around you are actually affected by what you say. They look up to you and belive your words to be true.

In the past few weeks I have been taught the meaning of having goo friends. Friends that encourage, that uplift and makes my days better. They endure my sadness, they tolerate my bad mood and they carry my sorrow. And at the same time they encourage me, they help me be active and they use of their time to make me feel better, to tell me that I'm good and that I will be ok.

So when people around you think that they cannot do something, you have to promise them that they will get through it and that they will do something right and that they are worth something. And don't just do it now, make it a part of you. Look around you and use your time and words to save people from themselves and assure them that they are more than useless. Like my friends helped me feel that I am more than useless.

- VforVegard

No comments:

Post a Comment