Saturday, October 2, 2010

I wish I could save you

Have you met people that have something that is pushing them down, holding them back or hindering them from living their lives to their full potential? It could be someone in the family, a friend, a boy or girlfriend, wife or husband or someone else close to you that has self-esteem issues, a bad habit, an addtiction or an attitude that makes life harder for them. And you know that if they would change thay would be happier, they would have more joy in life and be more pleased with themselves, and you just think "I wish I could save you".


Simple Plan - Save you

http://open.spotify.com/track/7mGk4gOciSMNc4W1S5W5dy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScfQDcFYUvQ&ob=av2e
(Watch the Youtube video, it's really good)

The lyrics from this song really states what I feel also when I face a person that I really want to help, but can't seem to be able to help. They say "You'll never know the way it tears me up inside to see you". And it really does, you do care and maybe even love the person that is hurting and it hurts you to see this person this way. You are trying to help them to bug, hurt or make this person unhappy. It's the totally opposite of course. You want this person to be happy. It's the process of change that hurts, and I'm sorry for that, but it's better that you go through hurt now so that you can be happy for the rest of your life.

Sometimes I feel so helpless facing these people and unmotivated because it seems like, as they say in the song, "And no matter what I do I can't make you feel better". And sometimes this is the case. Either you can't know what this other person is feeling and the sympathy that you are trying to express is no more than a feeling of "i'm sorry that you are hurting, but i've never been in this situation and I don't know how much you are hurting and I don't know how to get you out of this". And words are always more comforting when they come from a person that has had the same experience than from someone that doesn't have a clue.

And then you say that "I wish that I could tell you something, to take it all away". But there probably isn't. What could that be if i've never been there before? How could I help you? And then you think "If only I could find the answer, to take it all away".

But what can you do in this situation? My feelings are the same as in the lyrics

"I wont give up till it's over
If it takes you forever I want you to know

That if you fall, stumble down
I'll pick you up off the ground
If you lose faith in you
I'll give you strength to pull through
Tell me you won't give up cause I'll be waiting if you fall
Oh you know I'll be there for you"

If there is nothing I can do for you to feel better, at least I want you to know if there is something I can do for you, I will be there beside you, i will be ready to do what you want me to do, I will at least be there to catch you before you fall and pick you up through the strenght that I have in me. Because I do care and love you.

I just don't know how to, but I wish I could save you.

- VforVegard

No comments:

Post a Comment